- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Bridging plans: From Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4 English
- Publication date:
- Mar 2004
- Head of school department, Subject leader
- Continuing professional development (CPD), Guidance, Planning resources, Training, Training materials, Transfer and transition, Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4, Teaching and learning, Transition
- Training guide
This publication is available as a PDF file (388 KB).
The materials contained within this booklet aim to suggest ways for teachers to assist pupils in the transition from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4.
These materials also aim to offer structured plans, which can be incorporated into a scheme of work and, with appropriate revision, used from year to year.
This booklet is one of an initial set of three, focused on the core subjects of English, mathematics and science. The aim is to capture and make best use of time at the end of Year 9 and into Year 10.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Assessment for Learning (AfL): Whole-school training materials
- Bridging plans: From Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4 English
- Classroom Quality Standards (CQS)
- Evaluating School Performance: Post-16
- Functional skills e-learning modules
- Gifted and Talented e-learning modules for leading teachers
- Grammar for reading: Course handbook
- Grammar for reading: Tutor's notes
- Modern foreign languages (MFL) e-learning modules
- Pedagogy and practice: Teaching and learning in secondary schools Unit 13: Developing reading
- Secondary English: Assessing pupils' progress (APP) e-learning course
- Secondary Intervention: Setting the scene for English
- Secondary Intervention: Teaching assistants training modules
- Secondary Intervention: Training modules Overview
- Speaking and listening: browse by unit
- Teaching and assessing speaking and listening: Unit resource list
- Bridging Plans: From Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4 in ICT, modern foreign languages and design and technology
- Bridging plans from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4: Science
- Bridging plans from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4: mathematics
- Disability equality in action examples of good practice in schools
- Literacy Plus: Wave 2 intervention programme for Key Stage 3
- Pedagogy and practice: Teaching and learning in secondary schools Unit 16: Leading in learning